Is your current company not giving you enough opportunities or scope to learn and grow? Are you not motivated enough to get up every morning for work? In either situation, there are certain things that we discover about ourselves when stuck in a job which we hate. Let’s discover the qualities which are developed during the time –
- Flexibility: Adjusting to the situation till the time it does not affect your mental or physical health is a key quality which is developed during the time. Do not give up on anything easily; try exploring the options within the same company first, and may be start looking for a good opportunity outside the firm if things are not favorable. Until and unless, if you do not face difficult times, you will not realize the capabilities you have.
- Positive Attitude: Adjusting with the situation and looking at the positive side instead of negative side of the coin is another critical quality which can prove helpful in every phase of life. Improving the situation is in your hand rather than running from it. There are two ways – either focus on finding a solution or keep discussing the problems that you have.
- Feedback: If things are not going well at your workplace, try taking the feedback from your colleagues and friends. We sometime become blind folded and lose our focus. A second opinion could prove very helpful and might turn-around the table.
- Give time to your Passion: If work is important, other things in life are equally important. Giving time to the things you are passionate about like learning music, or taking dance classes or learning something new helps in rejuvenating your lost energy.
- Work Ethics: Sticking to good work ethics, fulfilling the assigned task makes you much more skilled and professional at work. Keep aside the negative part of the job, and keep yourself focused on assigned task will not only make you a good employee, but will bring more opportunities your way whether in current job or the job that you are aspiring to take up.
End of the day, it is important to understand that nothing comes easy in life. You gain good and bad experiences at work, how you deal with it makes you the person you are.