An Account Payable Receivable/clerk takes care of maintaining all the documents and information for all the financial transactions and pays the invoices by preparing and mailing it. It is always important for any business to hire an efficient and reliable clerk who has good hands in numbers.
Talking about the skills; it’s not just the numerical excellence that a recruiter looks but it is a blend of expertise which makes a individual suitable for the job. Recruiters around look for a person who are expert in organizing, apt in data entry and to whom getting connected to people comes naturally. While preparing a resume for a job as an Account Payable Receivable/clerk one must one must write highlight the above mentioned skills. Here are few more areas to talk about in your resume…
- Administrative skill will make you noticeable among other candidates: A clerk not only deals with accounts payable and receivable but is also accountable for generating invoices for all the dealings. Being an integral part of the administration it is always beneficial to be good at administering your work smartly. You also need to put that in your resume making it more viable for HRs.
- Numerical Excellence will make you a star for Recruiters: If you have always been inclined towards Mathematics and mathematical formulas and theorems are on your fingertips then this is ‘The’ job for you. If you are good in Mathematics then it will be a plus point for you.
- Do mention Software you master: There was a time when a clerk has to maintain piles of files. Times have changed and the files and pages are all online. Working in a Finance Department will also involve working on various software like Tally or SAP. Do not forget to mention these words in your Resume to get your recruiters’ fancy.
- Your excellence in Data Entry will help you in impressing the HR: Data Entry is the primary job of a clerk. If you are not good at filling in the details then you have to work upon it now. It is this data which helps a company in formulating financial policies for future. Give examples where you have proven your efficiency in maintaining the crucial data.
- Team Management always put a smile on recruiters’ face: Finance is not a single entity but a group of able people who work tirelessly to make a business successful. Working closely with a team tests your consideration and compassion which helps in working along with large number of people even in stressful of times. Do mention the cases where you worked along with a team in managing huge variables.
- Communication; it always puts you in the spotlight: Communication can never be crossed out. Either you are handling a desk job or you are out there on field. Your communication skill will talk about your efficiency in coordinating the work at cross-functional levels. It will put your resume in primary league and might help you in getting the desired job.
- Get the Best of Resume: Your skills will not speak for you until you present it well. A well written Resume always get noticed. If you do not have one then it’s time to get it.