Changing scene of Business Management:
With the fast changing business environment in India and metropolitan cities gradually transforming into corporate hubs, the career options for fresh management qualified professionals has multiplied. Ever since last few decades, the B-Schools have mushroomed like anything keeping in view the growth in the demand for the management qualified professionals. These management institutions offer specialized courses across the disciplines of Marketing, HR, Finance, Banking & Insurance, Operations Management, International Business and IT broadly. This article will discuss in detail about the career prospects for HR & Marketing qualified professionals in India.
Opportunities for Fresh MBA Graduates in HR (Changing Scene in the Current Scenario):
HR is a specialized field of management which studies various aspects of Human Resources Management. An HR qualified professional can specialize in the following fields:
- Strategic HRM Practices and Managing People Centric functions
- Using various Performance Assessment and Management tools
- Talent Acquisition, Talent Retention and Talent Development
- Deploying Technology and Information Systems in HR for Automating the key processes,
- Taking care of the HRIS (Human Resource Information System) activities
- Encouraging employee participation and involvement at work.
- Setting the organizational systems and processes in place by establishing the organizational structure,
- Acting as the ambassadors of change and implement several OD interventions for facilitating change and driving process improvements.
- Organizational Culture and Climate Building
- Employee Relations & Dispute Redressal
- Compensation & Benefits Administration
- Promotions & Succession Planning
The role of HR department has become more strategic today and the organizational productivity and success largely depends upon the strategic initiatives of the HR department.
For MBA graduates in HR, opportunities are quite attractive.
- Freshers can kick-start their career in HR either as a Generalist or as a Specialist in any of the specialized disciplines of HR.
- The beginners should try to gain an overall exposure and learn about the core functionalities of the HR discipline by opting for HR Generalist roles. Then over a period of time, specialize in selective fields of HR as specialists or Consultants.
Opportunities for MBA Graduates in Marketing:
For an MBA qualified in Marketing, the career opportunities available in the market are quite lucrative in India.
- Marketing professionals are required in every sector like Pharma, Banking & Insurance, Telecom, IT, FMCG & Consumer Durables and a lot more.
- The growth prospects are immense for Marketing professionals. They can work as Consultants, Marketing Executives or Relationship Managers, Entrepreneurs, Brand Managers, Product Owners & Managers or MARCOM.
- Newer avenues have opened up in the field of Digital Marketing, Market Research & Business Analytics, International Marketing and Strategy.
Key Decision Considerations while Choosing a Management Discipline:
Opportunities for an MBA in HR & Marketing are many…
- What is more important is making the right choice regarding selection of a discipline and staying abreast with the latest developments, best practices and researching about the field of specialization.
- Professional certifications help in career advancement and improving opportunities professionally. One can enroll for online training or classroom sessions for periodic certifications and add value to their profile.
- HR professionals can try for SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certifications, Talent Management certifications or get Certified in Learning & Development.
- Marketing professionals can add value to their profile by getting certified in sales skills, Digital Marketing, Business Analytics, International Marketing, etc. These certifications help a lot in career advancement and attracting better opportunities professionally.