Did you ever notice that people who are great at work, are the ones who party hard and great at making friends as well..why? because of their communication skills.
Good communication not only helps in developing good relations, but helps in your career as well. When you communicate well during the interview, you move a step ahead in getting the job.
Here are 5 tips which can help you in making your communication skills strong –
- Be Concise: Try to communicate things in a simplest way and do not loose the focus. It is very important to communicate well whether it is a verbal communication or written. Conciseness is very important, do not write/say irrelevant matter. When things are communicated in short and simple manner, people would like to read or listen.
- Be specific: While communicating your matter, convey the Specific information, details that are important. For an example, if you are looking for a product information such as a Television, you would like to read about its specification only, you would be least interested to know a microwave’s technicalities.
- Be Pleasant: Another important aspect is the way we communicate, always communicate in a pleasant manner, and use a tone which seems approachable and friendly. With a friendly tone, people would like to help and assist. Be Open to the questions people may ask, provide complete information.
- Be an Active Listener: A good communicator knows that any good conversation is a result of two way communication. Active listening conveys that you want to hear more and want the other person talking. It also means that you are giving attention to the person talking to you. While listening, you may clarify your doubts and consolidate the message shared with you.
- Follow good communicators: Watch people who are expert at talking and communicating their messages. Motivational Speakers are skilled in keeping their audience engaged and can talk on any topic. You can ask yourself, what if you are standing in their position, what would you say to the people whose eyes are on you. You can also observe people who are not able to communicate properly, understand the things that are not working and put them to your use.
Overall, it is important to be concise, specific, pleasant and an active listener. A good listener is very important skill of a good communicator, listen to the people first and then convey your messages. Right words, tone, and questions will make you the person you want to be.
Get Yourself Trained on