Fresh out of college, we all carry high aspirations and dreams to succeed in the big bad world. You might not be carrying a solid experience in hand but the training you have undergone during your formal education years prepares you to take up professional responsibilities with poise. Apprehensions and inhibitions are natural but it is your innate skills that will make you an unprecedented choice for recruiters around.
When you are a novice making a mark might be difficult but it’s never a complex conundrum to solve. The first impression, here, can become a make or break situation. It is, therefore, imperative to put in all your efforts to create the best first impression and here, it is your resume that will help you give that initial thrust. Here are some tips that can help you in putting down your credentials in the best possible way…
- Mention the field/sector/area on the top: When you are a fresher then it is always important mention the field/sector/area of your interest. Do talk about what you are aiming at, which role you are comfortable in and which field interests you. You can write ‘Aiming to explore opportunities which can further my knowledge in areas like Sales, Finance, Banking (write about your specific area of interest).
- Your Academic Qualification will give an idea about your area of expertise: Do not just mention your academic qualification but also give a fair idea of the subjects you have covered during your formal education. If you have strong hold in a particular area, do put emphasis on it.
- Projects/Thesis will help in adding more weight to your resume: The various projects or thesis which you may have done during your academic years were not only for earning those invaluable marks but will also help you in getting your dream job. While mentioning about your projects do give a brief insight about the objective. It will help HR in learning about your research and creative skills.
- Your enthusiasm in organizing that event might impress the HR: For you, it might be just an event but your dedicated and sincere involvement will give an insight to HR about your leadership, organizational and administrating skills. HRs are smart enough to read between the lines and know if they are choosing a leader from these minute details.
- Internships/Trainings will act as an added advantage: Internships are not just an opportunity to utilize your summer vacation but they will give you an opportunity to experience professional world, first hand. It will also act as an added benefit while applying for a job.
- Have an impactful resume: A well-written resume not only reflects a candidate’s credentials and expertise but also gives an insight to recruiters of the capabilities and caliber a candidate holds. In the case of a fresher, it becomes all the more important to put your best skills in the spotlight.