While having the sip of your favorite cold drink, did you ever wonder how much hard work goes in to manufacturing one single bottle? The factory where it gets manufactured is handled by various responsible hands that take care of the manufacturing process at every step. It is the responsibility of Operations & Maintenance professionals who ensure that the amenities are organized properly and do not raise any hindrance in the working of the manufacturing unit. An Operations & Maintenance Manager takes care of people management, process management and the overall working of the business. Here are few tips to include in your Resume while applying for the job…
- Supervisory skill is what comes first in the checklist: The primary responsibility of an Operations & Maintenance Manager is to ensure that the work flow doesn’t get affected. He/she ensures that the machines are working properly and rectify any issue if faced. Talk about your managerial skill while writing down your resume.
- Experience in monitoring & control gives depth to a resume: Operations & Maintenance Manager has the mantle of keeping it all together. Constant monitoring is one of the important responsibilities that are accomplished by him/her on regular basis. If you include this in your resume then it becomes all the more credible for HRs and recruiters to think about you.
- Your planning skill will surely highlight your resume: Taking care of Operations & Maintenance of a large manufacturing unit is not an easy task. It takes a lot of planning and discerning before one lay down the execution. Your ability to manage all the work and plan the budget for the manufacturing unit along with distributing the cost evenly in all quarters will be the high points of your resume.
- Do mention your expertise in Safety Measures: While working for a Manufacturing Unit an Operations and Maintenance Manager also have to take care of the safety of the large manpower that works tirelessly to meet the deadline. To arrange for the safety measures and revising it on regular basis also comes under the umbrella of Operations & Maintenance. Do mention how you have been proactive in arranging for safety drills at regular basis and apprising the staff about the safety measures.
- Reporting and Data Collection completes your resume: Preparing reports and collecting data is also a major role of an Operations & Maintenance Manager. The monthly output to help in formulating further policies for the company. Do not forget to mention your proficiency in data collection.
- Promote yourself as an effective communicator: Effective communication is the base for any successful business. As a part of a business process it is imperative for an Operations & Maintenance Manager to maintain coordination between all quarters in order to ensure proper functioning.
- Keep Updating Your Resume: A well written Resume will put you in the highlight with HR. You need to put your skills and competencies on paper. Just like the skill set mentioned above, it is imperative to include a well-written resume along with your credentials.
View our Operations and Maintenance courses