Check and balance is crucial for any industry. But, when we talk about Construction industry it becomes all the more important. A Quantity Surveyor resume format, in a construction business, is accountable for taking care all the cost involved. From the process of planning till the completion of the project it is his duty to see that a project adheres to the sanctioned budget and also track and revise the budget as per the ascending changes in the plan or deploying of vendors/dealers/contractors or purchase of raw materials.
A Quantity Surveyor resume format can be employed under the designation of a Cost Consultant, Commercial Manager, Cost Manager or a Cost Engineer. HR s around the industry look for a person who has the ability to lead and take required actions at the right time. A Quantity Surveyor’s job is always crucial to a construction project as he ensures that the money is utilised properly, hence, it becomes imperative for one to carve out a Resume which aptly highlights his skills as per the demand of this profile. Here are few tips for you to work on the skills to get the best of the opportunity in the industry…
- Your Mathematical acumen will instantly hit a chord with HR: When you are a Quantity Surveyor resume format then you are ought to deal with numbers on daily basis. Calculations, additions and formulas are an integral part of your job profile. You need to project your resume in a manner where your mathematical skill gets highlighted. Talk about big numbers you have handled during your career.
- Excellence in Excel will definitely put you in the limelight: All the budget and quantity details for a construction project is usually compiled in an Excel format. As a Quantity Surveyor, it is your job to prepare BOQs and budget for a particular project and also to revise the budget as per the changes in the construction plan. You can put a spotlight on this area by talking about all the major bills, budgets and BOQs you have handled successfully.
- Smart Communication is what an Organisation wants: A Quantity Surveyor’s job is not limited to preparing a budget. He/she also has to monitor the project and also coordinate with contractors, dealers and vendors to ensure that the construction plan is being followed and also learn about their further requirement. You must have never given it a thought but the way you deal with others while doing business talks a lot about your communication skill. Do not ignore to talk about all the crucial cases you have successfully dealt; all because of your acumen to handle things well.
- Vigilante? You may be the one for the next HR: Apart from the papers it is a responsibility to monitor the project closely and ensure that it is taking shape as per the plan. Liaising with authorities in getting required permission and also to see that the manpower is always at its optimum also comes under the discretion of a Quantity Surveyor resume format. Talk in terms of cost saving and put a emphasis on how you offered your services in making a particular project a success.
- Being acquainted with law will give you an extra edge to your Resume: As a Quantity Surveyor your primary job is to take care of the cost and also to draw up required contracts with all the contractors, vendors and dealers. You need to put down your credential in a manner so that an HR can easily access the information.
- Good at Cracking a Deal? Do mention it in your Resume: Dealing with vendors, contractors and dealers for the best price is where your skill as a smart negotiator would be tested. You need to mention the projects where your negotiation skill has drawn huge benefits.
- Construct Your Career as well: A career does not get a head start until you present yourself in the market. It is always your resume that will speak for you in your absence. You cannot afford to not have a well written and organized piece about yourself. Get it done before you lose out on the great opportunity.
Download Resume Format – Quantity Surveyor
Enhance your skills – view our bucket of courses