Function of a Logistics and Supply Chain Management professional may overlap at times but each has its defined role to play in ensuring to complete the circle of operations. Logistics personnel focus on administering and smoothing the supply chain process. A Logistics executive deals with clients, customers, vendors, transporters (drivers) and strengthens the supplying process of goods to its said destination. A person who is good in areas like Coordination, Communication and Negotiation might have high chances of reaching the highest levels. Ability to take decisions, handling stress with a forbearing attitude and compassion to understand the needs of the fellow team members and clients/customers/vendors will make you a successful manager. Here, are the 7 set of skills, you should work upon.
- Have it all Organized: A good organizer always has bright chances of getting hired anywhere. A clumsy, messy and laidback attitude will not take you anywhere. Always keep a notebook handy, it is always best to pen down all the instructions so that you don’t miss out on any details. Always carry your to-do list with you.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: It is very important to brush up your communication skills. Being in the Logistics sector, you will have to work along with a huge team which may include your team, transporters, customers, clients and vendors. Communication plays a major role in coordinating properly and ensuring smooth functioning. Good interpersonal skills will not only help you in building long lasting relationship but will also increase your chances of earning trust of you customers, vendors and clients.
- Get Acquainted with the Laws of the Land: You may be involved in logistics which include airborne, waterborne and land transportation of goods. It is imperative for you to learn and understand all the laws related to export and import. It will help you in dealing with crisis situation.
- Keep a tan on Accounts & Taxes: Adhering to budget and taking care of all the taxes will also come under the umbrella of Logistics. You cannot hire a vendor or keep repeating a truck/ship/flight which costs more. Your judgment to smartly distribute the sanctioned budget will give you an extra edge.
- Extemporize your Technical Skill: Everyone these days are comfortable working on a computer. Logistics also involve its software which is used for documentation of all the important details like ERP. As a Logistics professional, you also have to learn about the software that is important part of the job.
- Write it all down: Documentation and preparing reports also covers a major responsibility of a Logistics manager. You have to write all the details in a manner that is easily comprehensible by management and everyone in the team.
- Have it all together in the Resume: Having all the skills will not get you the right job but the right resume will. Get your credentials down on the paper in an organized manner and do not miss out on an opportunity.
Download Logistics Resume Format