If your creativity and ingenious nature has always inspired you to choose the unconventional way then you might be the right choice for becoming a Product Engineer. As a Product Engineer you will be responsible for designing a product for market. A Product Engineer can work for any product ranging from toiletries to motor vehicles to electronic devices or food items. They are the ones who design the attractive packaging of a shampoo bottle or the very striking luxurious car. The mantle of the success of a product in getting maximum eye balls goes on the shoulder of a Product Engineer. It is the creativity, dexterity, knowledge and skill to design a product that will get you to your right recruiter. Here are some essential skills that you would want to add in your resume…
- Creativity will get you started: Creativity cannot be learnt or taught by anyone. It is in-built and one can only polish it with experience. If you have been the one inclined towards art and can be non-traditional in handling things using unique methods then you can be the ‘IT’ person for this job. A Product Designer has to create a design which stands out and has the ability to attract customers. A creative mind is the right choice to hire for companies.
- Drawing & Sketching will sop up your resume: If drawing and sketching were your hobbies then this is the time to transform it into a full-fledged career. While designing a product you may have to draw your idea on to a paper in order to show it to the team members and other associates. Highlight your creative side as well while writing down your resume.
- Mention your ability in conceiving an idea: While designing a bottle for shampoo you cannot have a screw opening lid, you will have to use a pouring lid. It is always important to learn about your product. An engineer working for a car manufacturing unit should learn about the hardware as well and design the car accordingly, using a material that goes well with the horsepower of that particular made. Mostly companies look for a Product Engineer who has prior knowledge of the product.
- Team Player goes a long way: A person who claims himself as a team player not only works along with a team but also contributes in the success of a project along with his team members.
- Put your technical skill in first two paras of your resume: Designing, these days is not done on a canvas; there are various software available in the market. Software like AutoCAD or In-design helps a designer in giving his ideas a shape. These software makes it easy to pass on the design and not carrying big sheets of paper around. If you are proficient in any of the software do mention it in your resume.
- Promote yourself as the cost effective professional:A company releases only a certain amount of money to invest in a product. As a product Engineer, it is your job to not only understand the budget but also to work as per the schedule and not override the deadline. A person who has the ability to handle the finances in the most effective manner is definitely up in the tally of most preferred candidates.
- Take time to Design your Resume too: Just like any Product’s attractive packaging, your Resume speaks volumes about you. It gives the right picture of your skills, objectives and expediency to a company which may hire you in future.
View Our Six Sigma Courses
Also read about other resume formats